Dear First St. Charles friends and
On Tuesday night, June 23, our Leadership Board voted unanimously to begin
phasing back in-person worship. We will begin Sunday, July 12th, with two
services: 9:00am and 11:00am. Here are some components of what it will
1. Because current rules restrict us to 25% of building capacity, we are
requiring all persons to make reservations in advance, either on our
website or by calling in to the church office by the close of the office on
Thursday. Online registration will be available beginning July 5.
- Once we reach capacity in the sanctuary (70 persons,
including staff), an additional 30 persons will be offered worship
remotely in the multipurpose room.
- When we reach the building capacity of 100 persons, no
one will be allowed to enter.
- We ask that persons who are in the vulnerable category
(over 60 years old), refrain from in-person worship at this time.
2. All persons will be required
to wear a mask, in order to protect others. Our first Methodist rule is to “First,
do no harm.”
3. There will be no opportunity to
gather in the building. Physical
distancing rules will apply. Ushers/hospitality will escort persons in and out
of the sanctuary.
4. There will be no singing during
the worship service—neither congregational singing nor
choral music will be presented live. Instead, music will be projected on our
- There will be no bulletins. Offering plates will be
available as you enter/exit the sanctuary.
5. There will be no children or
youth Sunday School classes. There will be no nursery available.
6. Eight restrooms will be available
for adult and family use: outside
the Sanctuary, near the office, above the office in Adult Sunday school space,
and the Music Ministry hallway. Alcohol-based hand-sanitizer stations will be
provided at each entrance/exit.
7. There will be no Sunday School or
small group gatherings on Sunday morning.
These groups will be able to access the building at other times during the week
(Please see Pastor Debby for scheduling).
8. The kitchen will not be available
for use at this time.
9. A thorough cleaning of the
building will be completed between services and after each meeting.
10. We will continue to offer online
worship, on demand. Daily devotionals will continue. We
even now are offering the possibility to call by phone and listen to the
message each week (call 636-947-0067).
We ask for your patience,
flexibility, and grace as we all live into new ways of being church together.
The Leadership Board and Staff will continue to evaluate conditions and risks
in our being physically together and are committed to working toward that day
when restrictions on our worship no longer apply.
In the meantime, we look forward to
worshiping with everyone in our congregation either in-person or online and to
continue reaching out “to gathering new persons for Christ, growing in
Christ, and going for Christ.”